Best books for basic civil engineering knowledge
From what I have read these seem to be best for concept building
- Rcc- Pillai and menon.
- Strength of mech- Gere and timoshenkov ( you may struggle with units but concept wise its awesome.
- Geotech- gullati and dutta ( TMH publication). Dutta sir is the present Hod of Geotech Dep in IITD .
- Environment- S.K garg vol 1&2 are gud.
- Structure analysis- Devdas Menon.
- Hydrology and open channal– subramanya.
- Steel-bhawakatti is compact and to the point and subramaniyan is elaborate
- For concrete tech- Neville is bible, for simplicity(s chand and co.) Setty is best.
These are the best books for basic civil engineering knowledge