You always heard about management, the management is the process of defining and development of an environment in which individuals work as a group for efficiently achieving certain tasks.
For the proper functioning of management, there have three levels of management which are briefly described in the below section. The three levels are top-level management, middle-level management and low-level management. Let us go to each and every level.
1.Top level management
This level consists of managers and board of directors. Top level management is also known as the administrative level of management. They coordinate services and they are keen on planing.
It is the superior sources of power since it manages the policies and procedure of an entity.
- It is a level at which all objectives and major policies are laid down.
- Instructions are given for preparing the necessary budgets for various departments, schedules and plans.
- To appoint department and other key executives.
- To provide overall leadership to the company.
- To represent the company outside the world.
The line and department management form this level. Middle-level management is directly accountable to the top level management. Their roles come under the managers and board of directors.
- Interprets and explains policies framed by the top department.
- To compile and issue detailed instructions regarding the department.
- To participate in operative decisions.
- Timely and important data to be sent to the top level management.
3.Low management level
The low-level management is also called the supervisory level of management. It constitutes most of the supervisors, foreman and first line management. This is the last classification in the levels of management.
- To assign the job to the workers and make arrangement for their training and development.
- To plan a day to day production within the goals laid down by higher authorities.
- To arrange materials and tools and to maintain machinery.
- To advice and assist workers explaining work procedures, solving problems etc..
- They bring stock of the machines and material required for the work to be done.
- They are the role models for the workers as they are straight and constantly in touching them