A. For lots of us, yes.
Image: AV Design
“After work” — Image: TMZ
It depends on the type of construction.
My team does Intelligent Transportation System Installations and Maintenance during highway construction.
It is perfect for us.
Here is what we need:
- Fast acceleration and braking to stop on the highway shoulders quickly and safely, and then re-enter the highway when the job is done.
- A sturdy body that will not get hurt by the weeds and trees that grow on the roadside.
- Excellent traction control that will help us get stopped and started in the mud and dirt construction roads and shoulders.
- Lockable storage for our gear.
- Power for our tools and to charge our test gear, phones and computers.
- A good bed organization and securing system—which the Tesla has.
- Good bed and interior lights for night work.
- Ability to tow trailers that typically weigh about a ton or two.
- Ability to recharge trailers.
- Glass that won’t crack every time snow plough discharge or a rock hits it.
- Lots of room inside for the guys, our luggage, and boxes of parts.
- Adjustable suspension.
- Power to run aftermarket warning light bars.
- A ramp to roll small trailers into the bed.
UPDATE on 2/22/20:
There have been some disagreements on the Cybertruck prices in comments. So I am posting a screen shot from Tesla’s website today, 2/22/20:
While it has been said in comments that the prices have been moving around—I think this is what has been on the website all along. From my memory anyway.