Important areas of application of levelling in surveying
- For planning and estimating project works like roads, bridges, railways, airports, water supply and waste water disposal surveying is required.
- Taking rail levels existing before track renewals to finalize final rail level profile including vertical curves.
- It is also useful in construction of roads, to calculate CUT & FILL in a road project, deciding slope on side for draining purpose.
- While lying of the pipeline to ensure appropriate slope of the land that will allow smooth movement of the liquid in the transit.
- For preparing the contour map to determine the best possible route and amount of earthwork required.
- For preparing the engineering map showing engineering details like highways, railways, canals, dams, reservoirs, etc.
- For preparing the topographical map which shows hills, rivers, forests, valleys, etc.