The rediset cement is founded by PCA laboratories in the USA. You know that you can use admixtures for developing early strength of concrete.
But when the concrete is exposed to humid and hot climates the concrete may return into an older and worse stage. High alumina cement also good for achieving early strength but it shows retrogressing properties when exposed to direct sunlight.
In order to avoid the above problems, American engineers have found rediset cement for achieving better properties at the beginning stages of concreting.
What are the properties of rediset cement?
- The cement can be placed and handle after 10 to 15 minutes.
- The rate of shrinkage is fast and is similar to OPC.
- After one day the strength pattern is very similar to ordinary Portland cement after one day. Because redisent cement contributes rate of strength development at early strength only.
- Rediset cement can release a high amount of heat and its good for the cold condition.
What are the applications or use of rediset cement?
This rediset cement can be used for
- Precast buildings or industries
- Emergency and Patch repairs
- Slip formed concrete construction
- Very high early strength of mortar and concrete
I hope you can understand the properties and applications of rediset cement in the above section. If you have any doubt please comment below.