Functions of construction management
Construction management covers a wide spectrum of functions and responsibilities in the course of a building project.
In a nutshell, we could summarize the most crucial points of it to the following:
- Project design: From the very first step of the process, a lot of effort should be dedicated to putting the project together, define its objectives and proceed with the initial planning. Based on this information, you can then proceed with choosing the right contractor and the best building team available.
- Development of the project: During this stage of the process, solid communication and collaboration between the numerous stakeholders are key. That being, finding the right project management tools, using innovative materials and keep the whole team on the same page are some of the most substantial parameters when it comes to the development of the project.
- Budget and delays: Managing the budget in the most efficient way possible despite any delays is also fundamental.
- Contracts and insurance issues.
- Completion of the project: After the completion of the project a review of the whole process should be done. In that way, the management team can detect any mistakes done during the process and make sure that won’t be repeated again. On top of that, any disputes that might have emerged during the project can be solved after examining its different aspects.
These are the functions of construction management.